Work is madness these days so I don't have much time to blog. :(
However, I always make time to read my favourite blogger's posts! I love all of you.
When I do have some time to unwind, I spend it with the characters in my novel, begging me for attention. I'm a bad Mother.
Last week, I opened my Twitter account and saw a DM from Wendy Morrell (@Quillfeather) asking me to visit her blog as she wrote something of interest to me.
Of couse, I made my way to her blog asap and what a nice surprise!
She nominated me (as well as six other bloggers) for the Kreativ Blogger Award.
To be honest, it's such a thrill for me to know that even one person reads my blog--let alone a great writer like Wendy.
Writing is already such a joy for me but knowing that other bloggers out there take an interest in what I have to say is truly intoxicating. Thx Wendy! xo
So, since I was nominated, I now have to nominate 7 bloggers! This won't be easy--I have so many favourites...
Anyway, here's what is expected of the nominees once the baton is passed:
1. Copy and paste the pretty picture in which you see on the top left corner onto your own blog.
2. Thank the person who gave you the award and post a link to their blog.
3. Write 7 things about yourself we do not know.
4. Choose 7 other bloggers to award.
5. Link to those 7 other bloggers.
6. Notify your 7 bloggers.
Seven Things You Don't Know About Me
1. I'm an only child
2. I lived in NYC for 5 years, thinking I could sell a (bad) screenplay that I wrote
3. I hate the smell of microwave popcorn but love to eat it
4. My real first name is not Sheri--technically, Sheri is my middle name (and I hate my first name so don't bother to ask what it is! I've never gone by that name anyway-thank God)
5. I suffer with long bouts of insomnia
6. I've been told that I give out good advice. The problem is, I rarely follow it myself
7. I have many, many, many friends and I adore them all even though there's never enough time to see them on a regular basis. I wish I had 29 hours in a day! My friends have saved my life, time and time again
Without further adieu, here are my 7 nominees, in no particular order:
1. Carrie Blogshaw
Dripping with wit and charm, this blogger doesn't hold back when it comes to matters of the heart. I get a kick out of every one of her posts! She's hilarious. And I'm very proud to have her as a friend.
2. Soulbrother v.2
An incredible storyteller. I hope he knows just how great he is. Please, someone publish this guy! For the time being, enjoy him while we have him here on Blogger!
3. Karen Quah
Karen is a journalist, sript editor and playwright. Her blog has a wealth of information on just about every topic. She's also a lovely person with a positive outlook--even while she's participating in Nano! sheesh! http://www.nanowrimo.org/
4. Jai Joshi
Author of 'Follow The Cowherd Boy' http://www.amazon.com/Follow-Cowherd-Boy-J-Joshi/dp/1412086264
I came to know Jai from the Writer's Digest community. From the very start, I felt like we were kindred spirits!
Again, we have another incredible storyteller on our hands, bloggers! And as I suspected, she's already been nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award.
5. Eric Tenin
Because I love Paris so much, I find myself constantly checking out Eric's blog. He posts a new pic of the lovely City of Lights everyday.
6. Gale Mullings
I stumbled upon Gale's blog via Twitter and thank God I did. I love her writing style and wish I were half as good as she is. She's smart, funny & opinionated: my favourite combination.
7. Antonia Arch
A fellow Torontonian, Antonio runs an art curatorial service called Arch & Company Fine Arts. He's constantly posting images of surreal works of art by artists you've probably never heard of. If you love art as much as I do, you'll love Antonio's blog.
And there you have it! My nominees! It certainly wasn't easy picking just 7!