She wants me to spill my movie-loving (and loathing) guts out so here goes....
1. The first major movie-going experience I can remember is watching ET on opening night.
The crowds, the hysteria, the smell of popcorn quickly made me realize I was in my favourite place in the entire world.
I was seven and wanted to be Gertie.
Believe it or not, I still feel the same every time I see a film. That’s the power of cinema, kids.
2. William Hurt in The Doctor will always be the all-time best performance by an actor, in my opinion. It’s also one of my very favourite films. (I know EVERY line!)
3. Hands down, Julianne Moore is my favourite actress. I want her to play my lead character, Anna if I ever turn my novel into a film.
First, I have to finish the novel.
Look at her--she's perfection.
4. I’ve seen Antonia's Line (a Dutch film) about 30 times, and counting. That film makes me laugh, cry and dream, all at the same time. Is it my #1 fave? It's close but really, I love so many films it's hard to choose just one.
5. To this day, I’ll still watch The Exorcist if it’s on television but can only watch it if I cover my ears (this is how I watch all horror movies).
That film still scares the shit out of me.
6. I live for film festivals—you haven’t seen a film until you’ve seen it with a film fest audience.
If I were a Richie Rich, I would travel to every film festival in every city across the globe.
7. I believe that the Rom Com is dead. And that makes me very sad.
8. I can watch Immortal Beloved until the end of time and will still cry my eyes out at the end, each and every time.
9. I ADORE Pixar films. Especially the Toy Story films. Love, Love, Love.
So, you'll know I'll be in line when Toy Story 3 opens this summer.
10. I detest cowboy movies and westerns, in general.
And I still don’t understand why John Wayne is such a big deal. He was a terrible actor.
(please save your hate mail because I really don’t give a shit and you know I’m right)
Now, I have to tag someone.....and I know just who.
The Awesomely Awesome Larry Richman