Tuesday, April 15, 2008

25 Points? That's it?

Last night, I had a brisk walk with a friend around a track near my house. I was so mad at myself when on the second lap, I wanted to give up. I kept thinking about how much I use to run and how great it made me feel. Now, five years later, I can barely walk up a flight of stairs without feeling like my heart is pushing its' way out of my chest.
So, I've taken my Doc's advice and I have joined Weight Watchers. I wrote about my yearly physical awhile back--around Christmas. My Doc used the 'O' word on me and told me Weight Watchers is the best way to lose the weight and to keep it off.
I joined the online community this morning as I refuse to be weighed in front of strangers every week at a Weight Watchers near me. ;) My target points: 25 per day. It's 1pm right now and I've already devoured 8 of the points--maybe even more than that as I can't figure out how many points are in my giant coffee each morning.
Let's hope Weight Watchers can help me overcome my love affair with food!

As far as my writing goes, I haven't written anything decent in a few weeks. I think my writing space is kinda boring me. I need a change. I think I may try to start writing at Starbuck's again. The only reason why I stopped was my laptop battery only lasts like two hours! I hate having to carry around the big, silly plug so I usually opt to stay home and write.
The good news is, my friend Peter really helped me out with the plot of my novel. It's so great to have someone read your writing and give helpful, critical advice--and it's free of charge!
I have just one problem right now with an event in the novel. It looks like I have to do even more research on the Holocaust of WWII. Just when I thought I was done, here I am again.
To be honest, the research part is easy. The writing, well that's a whole other thing.

Employment Update:
I have an interview on Thursday morning. The position sounds promising so I hope it works out--I gotta pay some bills!

No comments: