Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Digging Out

It’s dark where I am right now but I can hear the muffled voices of people, living. I can hear them gushing endlessly over their kids' accomplishments and their fabulous jobs and what they like to watch on TV.
Right now, my only hope is that they leave soon. 

I prefer being alone at this point of the journey. This is the darkest part and I’m better off having only myself to explain myself to.

Though it’s dark, I catch glimpses of light as the ground shifts and sometimes opens up but this only happens very early in the morning. By midday, things are dark again as I begin to struggle with digging out, The Fear looking on in astonishment.

The problem is, I only have two hands and I haven’t found my shovel yet.
I’m sure it’s tucked away someplace deep underground, hiding from the massive amount of work facing it.

2 comments:

Jai Joshi said...

You're making me shiver.

Jai

The Uneasy Writer said...

Well, that's good to know! lol
Do you know what it's about?